Thursday, September 4, 2008

Moment of time

I am sitting in a Panera Bread over lunch preparing for the rest of my work day when I decided to check out some blogs of friends and family. This got me thinking that I don't even take time to update my own blog. Ironic. But it is a busy life. I have chosen to have a career, have a child and to try and remain somewhat involved with my friends and the community. When Eric is home, he is of much help, but he travels and that means his help is limited. Enter my mother....selfless in every way. I sometimes worry that I take advantage of her services. She quite literally raises Miles during the day. She has made it possible for Eric and I both to continue our careers and feel good about the care and attention she is getting when we aren't there. It takes a village people...it truly does. I worry, sometimes, that I have made the wrong decision to continue working with a toddler. I sometimes question if Eric will regret traveling so much during her early years. But at the end of the day, Miles is incredibly smart, social and above all happy. There is no doubt that she knows she is loved. She has "Mimi" and "Papa" during the day, a few days a week she goes to "school" for a few hours to play and learn with friends, and then every other minute of the day and weekend Eric and I work hard to be very present when we are with her. It isn't easy and it isn't perfect. But it is good and with that, I am going to get back to work. College is expensive you know! P.S. Next blog...nothing to do with me, just pics of the Squirrel and her first day of school. Stay Tuned.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my sweet Kelly, you are a terrific mother and you do a great job balancing it all. It is difficult to raise a child no matter what. It's all about quality not quantity!

Amy Wallace said...

Kelly...we are so there, together, no matter what you have chosen an awesome school (not partial !!) and in a couple of weeks you will slap yourself for not doing it earlier. Reggio is phenomenal ...maybe as a poor excuse, lets go to Italy and check it out! Leave D and Eric with the kids! Hey lets change porches this weekend, you home?

Alli said...

So great to see pics of your sweet family! Miss you girl